- I am accepting of you regardless of how society classifies you or you classify yourself. Race, religion, sexual & romantic orientation, gender identification and sartorial expression* are not my business and not judged negatively at my table.
- You do not owe me an explanation about how you look (though I’m open to conversing about your look with you).
- I will not harass or make unwelcome advances toward you. Any/all flirting and playful personal banter will be kept strictly consensual.
- If you are harassed, I will have contact numbers for security and con staff at my table for you to access.
- I will obtain, (online or by contacting the con) before attending, a full list of harassment information/contact numbers, including local police.
- I will report harassment I witness to con security/appropriate contacts. When I see harassment, I will attempt to identify the harasser and talk to the harassed. I know I may not always be able to do this due to tabling, but I will make my best attempt.
- If I see something and I am not sure if it is harassment, I will ask.
- If the person has not been harassed, I will apologize for the misunderstanding and drop it.
- If the person has been harassed I will offer the con security numbers to them.
- If they do not want to file a complaint, I will respect their comfort level and not judge them, but always reassure them that this behavior isn’t their fault.
- I recognize harassment comes in many forms*: sexual, racial, non-conforming, bullying. I will be vigilant against all forms of harassment.
- I will keep an open mind about people and behavior but will never ignore behavior that appears harassing.
- I will not try to convince someone they were not harassed.
- I will always be honest in my reports.
- I will encourage reporting and mitigation of incidents through proper channels.
- I will display a sign on my table letting all know this is a “safe space”/ harassment-free table.
- If I’m attending a con with a vague/problematic/no harassment policy I will contact the con in an attempt to get a harassment policy implemented and problems resolved.
- I will not attend/exhibit at cons without a harassment policy/with a harassment policy that discourages reporting/with an inadequate harassment policy. (Optional, I respect that everyone has their own way they’d like to deal with this issue, and some may want to represent at cons that specifically don’t have policies.)
- If you harass me, I will report you. (Optional, depending on comfort level of person taking pledge.)
* Just because something isn’t specifically enumerated here does not mean it isn’t covered.
AAH - Alliance Against Harassment Pledge
Read the petition
36 Adron Buske Apr 01, 2014 35 Chris Orndoff Apr 01, 2014 34 Jordan Taylor Feb 10, 2014 33 Ma'at Crook Nov 23, 2013 32 Meredith McClaren Nov 22, 2013 31 Philip Sharp-Garcia Nov 20, 2013 30 Gary Scott Beatty Nov 19, 2013 29 Kris Erickson Nov 19, 2013 28 Matt Strawbridge Nov 19, 2013 27 Steve Bryant Nov 19, 2013 26 Bruce MacIntosh Nov 19, 2013 25 Brad Abraham Nov 19, 2013 24 Jose Velez Nov 19, 2013 23 Kathy Catlin Nov 19, 2013 22 Ryan Catcher Nov 19, 2013 21 Michael Mikolajczyk Nov 19, 2013 20 Robert Utz Nov 19, 2013 19 Quinn Doherty Nov 18, 2013 18 K. White Nov 18, 2013 17 L M Nov 18, 2013 16 Peter Poole Nov 18, 2013 15 Richard Pace Nov 18, 2013 14 Doug Miller Nov 18, 2013 13 Doug Hills Nov 18, 2013 12 Dean Stahl Nov 18, 2013 11 Craig Hamilton Nov 18, 2013 10 Christine Brunson Nov 18, 2013 9 Tara A Nov 18, 2013 8 Shannon Dybvig Nov 18, 2013 7 Matt Miner Nov 18, 2013 6 Peggy von Burkleo Nov 15, 2013 5 Tasha Massman Nov 14, 2013 4 Tara Daniels Nov 14, 2013 3 Gibson Twist Oct 22, 2013 2 Rori de Rien Oct 21, 2013 1 Ryan Ruffatti Oct 20, 2013